This recipe works great for those who are trying ot cut carbs, work a ketogenic diet, or have gluten sensitivities. The best part is that unlike most low carb or diet foods, this is actually very tasty!
Pizza has always and will always be a favorite of mine. Unfortunately, the pizza you get from restaurants or the frozen section are often loaded with gluten, sugar, carbs, and unhealthy oils. The thought of having to give up a staple of my diet was daunting but with this recipe I can enjoy a version of pizza that I don’t have to regret the moment I eat it.
With just a few ingredients, you can be on your way:
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C)
- To make the dough: Combine mozzarella, cream cheese and almond flour into microwave safe bowl
- Microwave on high for 45 seconds, remove and stir ingredients, then heat again for another 45 seconds
- Use a spatula to stir in the beaten egg
- Use your hands, preferrably oiled, to knead the dough into a ball for about 2 minutes
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and use a rolling pin to spread the dough. Using another parchment sheet on top of the dough may make rolling it easier.
- Roll the dough until the dough is as thick or thin as you like it to be. Poke the dough with a fork in several places to prevent bubbling when baking.
- Bake the dough until it is firm. Dark spots may appear. Times will vary slightly depending on thickness of dough.
- Add cheese, sauce and toppings preffered
The nutrional values for the dough (without toppings) are for 1 slice or 1/6 of the pie:
Total Carbs: 5g
Dietary Fiber: 1.5g
Net Carbs: 3g
Calories: 202.2 kcal