Decompression is a device that is controlled through an on-board computer that controls the force and angle of disc distraction, which reduces the body’s natural tendencies to seize up and generate muscle spasm. This enhanced control allows the table to apply a traction force to the discs of the spinal column reducing intradiscal pressure, creating a hydrating environment for the disc and to relieve pressure on the nerves.
Decompression is used to treat conditions that result in chronic back and neck pain such as disc bulge, disc herniation, sciatica and spinal stenosis. The total treatment time last between 10 and 15 min being pulled at intervals of 45 seconds and relaxed for 10 seconds.
Spinal Decompression in The Villages FL community for neck and low back pain. Avoid neck and back surgery.
- Back pain is reported to affect up to 85% of Americans at some point in their lives.
- 60% of all people who have successful back surgery are candidates for repeat surgery within 2-3 years.
- The success rate for a second surgery is only 40%.
- Third surgery results are even more alarming — with only a 5% chance for relief.
- Wouldn’t you want to know if there was an alternative to back surgery? Spinal Decompression Therapy may be your answer.
Some frequently asked questions:
- What is Spinal Decompression Therapy?
- How does it work?
- Why does it work?
- Why choose Legacy Clinic of Chiropractic for this treatment?
- What’s so different about the table we use?
- Why should you consider Spinal Decompression therapy?
What is Spinal Decompression Therapy?
Spinal Decompression is an FDA-cleared, non-surgical treatment for low back pain that is safe, effective, and has helped thousands of people like you return to normal active lifestyles. This breakthrough treatment is non-invasive, comfortable and often so effective that many patients who have been in pain for years feel better in just a few treatments.
How does it work?
Spinal Decompression treatments painlessly decompress the disc(s) in your lower back, relieving pressure on the affected nerves and structure of the spine. Each treatment session lasts just about 30 minutes. The course of therapy typically involves about 20 treatment sessions, with most patients experiencing relief within 6 sessions.
Why does it work?
Spinal Decompression relieves the pressure that builds up on your discs and nerves. Pain is relieved by moving areas of the herniated disc back into place by creating negative pressure, which in turn draws disc material back into the disc space and relieves the pressure.
In bulging discs, the outer ligament bands that hold the disc material in place become weak and stretched. Decompression allows these bands to strengthen.
Why choose Legacy Chiropractic in The Villages for this treatment?
At Legacy Chiropractic, we treat the whole person. We will take the time to make sure that you understand the treatment and are getting the optimal benefit from the it. If at any time, we determine that this therapy is not appropriate, or we uncover other underlying medical issues that require attention, we will refer you to the proper specialist. We will not take you if we do not believe that you are a good candidate for this procedure.
Be assured that your treatment will be performed by highly qualified Disc Specialists, utilizing the best and latest in equipment. Our multiple decompression units allows us to give you the exact treatment that you need.
We have undergone advanced training in decompression.
Why should you consider Spinal Decompression therapy?
It is proven and effective — with years of clinically validated studies and data, and thousands of patients successfully treated.
- It non-surgical and non-invasive — eliminating the potential for severe complications of surgery, in addition to the pain and recovery time involved.
- It is convenient — with sessions lasting only 10-20 minutes, and most patients able to continue normal daily activities shortly after treatment.
- It is cost-effective — minimal compared to the cost of surgery. Talk with us about financing and insurance coverage.
- To find out if you are a candidate for Spinal Decompression Therapy, just call and set up an appointment with our Disc Specialist.
The March 2003 issue of Anesthesiology News reported “excellent” results of a
4-year follow up of patients treated with Spinal Decompression for lumbar discogenic pain.
After 4 years, 91% of patients were still doing their “normal daily activities,”
and 87% were either still working or had retired without back pain as the cause.
There were also no complications from the treatment. The conclusion of the 4-year data
showed that the pain relief was not just temporary but appeared to improve with time.
“Spinal Decompression Therapy should be considered first, before the patient undergoes a surgical procedure…”Journal of Neurological Research, October 2001